Bacon Cauliflower Chowder
Write a review
- 4 slices bacon, cut into lardons
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 sprigs thyme, stripped and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 qt. vegetable broth
- 1 c. whole milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to paper towels and drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- To pot, add onion, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour and cook 2 minutes. Add thyme and cauliflower.
- Pour in broth and milk and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer and let go until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with bacon.