Bacon, Cheese and Mashed Potato Pancakes
Write a review
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon (Or as much bacon as you want. There’s no such thing as too much bacon).
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- Cook the bacon.
- Combine the mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, eggs and 3 tablespoons of flour in a large bowl.
- Roll approximately 12 balls of the mixture and then flatten into ½ inch thick “pancakes.”
- Put the ½ cup of flour in a bowl and then dredge the pancakes in the flour.
- Take a large skillet or pan and heat about 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil. Use medium heat – make sure the oil doesn’t get too hot.
- Fry the pancakes in the oil until each side is brown and crispy (usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes). Add more oil if you need to. Be careful not to put too many pancakes in the pan at a time or flip the pancakes too soon.
- Transfer cakes to a paper towel covered plate and add whatever you want – scallions, salt, more cheese or more bacon. Always add more bacon.