Bacon and Cheese Smothered Chicken
Write a review
- 1.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can cream of chicken with mushrooms soup (or your other favorite condensed soup)
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- ½ lb bacon, cooked with drippings reserved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper and lightly coat with all purpose flour.
- Lightly brown chicken in bacon drippings.
- Place chicken in greased baking dish and top with sliced onions.
- Combine cream of chicken and mushroom soup with one can of water and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven 5 to 7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve over hot white rice.