Bacon Cheeseburger Pie
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped dill pickles
- 1 tsp. pickle juice
- 1 tbsp. yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 c. milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar
- 8 strips bacon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, then add garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Season with salt, Worcestershire, dill pickles, pickle juice, and mustard and stir together until combined.
- Line a pie plate with refrigerated pie crust and transfer beef mixture to pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg and pour over ground beef. Top with cheddar.
- Make bacon lattice by placing four strips of bacon on top of pie. Flip two back and place one slice on top, then flip back the two slices and flip up the other two, creating a weave.
- Season with pepper.
- Cover pie crust with aluminum foil and bake 35 minutes. If the bacon needs to be cooked more, broil 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then serve.