Bacon Egg and Spinach Fried Rice
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 8 oz. lean bacon, cut small pieces
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 5 cups cooked rice, cooled and fluffed
- 1 teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Sriracha sauce, for drizzling (optional)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat and add beaten eggs. Scramble the eggs gently and set aside.
- Add the bacon pieces to the same skillet and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside along with the scrambled eggs.
- To the same skillet, add the chopped spinach and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until it starts to wilt. Remove and set aside with eggs and bacon.
- Add the diced onion and garlic to the skillet and stir-fry until translucent. Add the cooked rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Use a spatula to flatten out and break up any clumps. Add salt, sugar, and soy sauce. Give everything a good stir for a couple minutes more, until steam starts coming off the rice. If rice is a little dry, you can sprinkle in some water or chicken stock.
- Finally, stir in the scrambled eggs, bacon, and spinach. Season with black pepper, drizzle with Sriracha and garnish with scallions. Serve immediately, enjoy!