Bacon Jalapeno Cheesy Bread
Write a review
- 8-10 slices bacon, after cooked and chopped you'll need 2 cups
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno, this will be about 1 large jalapeno
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 12 oz buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, jalapenos, bacon and cheese. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine. (You can use a mixer for this, just be careful not to over-mix.)
- Add cream cheese mixture, 1 tablespoon oil and buttermilk and mix until just combined, don't over-mix.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack, cool 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.