Bacon Mashed Potato Cheese Bombs
Write a review
- 2 potatoes, diced and boiled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs + 1 cup of flour OR 1 cup of dry breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese) cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 package of bacon
- Dice two potatoes and boil them for 10 minutes. At the same time, heat vegetable oil in a saucepan or small pot to approximately 300-350°F.
- Mash potatoes and add milk plus the butter. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add flour OR pour out 1 cup of dry breadcrumbs into a small bowl.
- Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and form it around a cheddar cheese cube, making a bomb shape. Roll the bomb in either the eggs + flour mixture OR bowl of dry breadcrumbs
- Wrap the bomb with one slice of bacon.
- Fry the bomb in the vegetable oil for approximately 3-4 minutes (use your own judgement, making sure the bacon is thoroughly cooked).
- Let the bomb drain of excess oil and cool off for a few minutes. Then, enjoy the exploding bomb of flavor. Serve with sour cream if desired.