Bacon Pumpkin Pie
Write a review
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (10 inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 16 slices maple-cured bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil; add the pumpkin and cook until soft enough to easily pierce with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mash the cooked pumpkin with a potato masher in your favorite large bowl. Mix the cream cheese and brown sugar with the mashed pumpkin. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla, half-and-half, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves; stir until you have a thin batter. The batter should be slightly thinner than pancake batter. Pour the batter into the pie crusts.
- Place bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly brown. Trim soft, fatty bits from strips. Press 7 pieces of bacon into the batter of each pie with a fork.
- Bake the pies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Decrease the heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Top each pie with 2 pieces of cooked bacon and bake another 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow pies to cool completely before serving.