Bacon Wrapped Cocktail Weenies
Write a review
- 1 lb bacon, any kind ( maple-flavored works well.)
- 1 package cocktail smoked sausage links
- 1 lb light brown sugar ( you can use more if you like)
- 1 box of round toothpick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch cake pan with non stick spray. (not necessary but will definitely help with clean up)
- Open package of bacon and cut entire slab into thirds. Wrap a third of a slice of bacon around each cocktail weenie and secure with toothpicks.
- Place each bacon wrapped weenie in cake pan, making sure to crowd them together. (You'll want to leave an empty space in one corner of pan for ease of basting.)
- Liberally cover weenies with brown sugar, leaving only the toothpicks exposed. Place weenies in hot oven.
- Every 10 minutes or so, baste weenies with sugar/bacon grease mixture and break up any lumps of sugar. Continue until sugar is completely melted and bacon is thoroughly cooked.
- When serving, be sure to drizzle sugar/bacon grease over weenies and on the platter.