Chocolate Bacon Popcorn Recipe
Write a review
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 10 cups popcorn, air or oil popped
- Kosher salt
- 2 to 4 strips bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and crumbled
- Melt chocolate in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds on HIGH. Remove chocolate, stir, repeat until chocolate melts. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Heat water over medium-high heat, stir until chocolate melts.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. In small bowl, stir together melted chocolate and spice. Pour chocolate over popcorn. Using a wooden spoon, toss to combine.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle popcorn lightly with kosher salt. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the top of the popcorn. Allow chocolate to set. Break popcorn into pieces, and serve.
- To speed up the setting time, place the pan in the refrigerator for twenty