Doughnut and Bacon Eggnog Bread Pudding
Write a review
1 hr 10 min
1 hr 10 min
- 10 glazed, yeast dough nuts (Krispy Kreme would work well), cut into eighths
- 12 slices, thick cut bacon, cut into strips and fried crisp
- 1 1/2 c eggnog
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz plain cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, fresh ground
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c toasted pecans
- Cut parchment paper and place in 8 x 8 pan, so that the pan’s entire surface is covered. A little nonstick spray will help hold the paper to the pan.
- Mix together eggs, nutmeg, eggnog and salt and whisk until well mixed and it develops a good froth.
- Place doughnut pieces in prepared cake pan and sprinkle bacon bits among the doughnut pieces.
- Pour egg/eggnog mixture over doughnut & bacon pieces. Gently press down to make sure doughnuts remain submerged. Cover with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine cream cheese, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Once the oven is at temperature, remove pudding from refrigerator, remove plastic wrap and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Once done, place on cooling rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and place on a cake platter.
- Drizzle or ‘frost’ pudding with cream cheese topping, scatter pecans on top, slice and serve.