Filet Mignon with Bacon Cream Sauce
Write a review
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon (beef tenderloin)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush the filets with olive oil, and cook on the preheated grill to desired doneness (about 4 minutes per side for medium rare). An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Set the steaks aside on a platter tented with aluminum foil to rest.
- While the steaks are resting, prepare the sauce: cook and stir the chopped bacon in a small saucepan over medium heat until the bacon pieces are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and shallots, and cook and stir until the shallots are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the half-and-half, bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve over the steaks.