Hot Buffalo Chicken, Bacon, and Cheese Sandwich
Write a review
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot buffalo wing sauce
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups shredded meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 8 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and hot sauce in a small bowl. Spread both halves of the bread with the mayonnaise mixture. Place chicken on bottom half of bread; layer bacon and cheese on top of chicken. Fold the top half of the bread over the bottom, and wrap with foil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Add a layer of red pepper slices on top of the bacon and cheese, if desired. Cut into slices, and serve.