Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
Write a review
- 4 lb. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces
- 3/4 c. sour cream
- 1/3 c. butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 c. shredded cheddar, divided
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a large pot, add potatoes and cover with 2 inches water. Boil until fork tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 6 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Mash potatoes. Add 1¼ cups cheddar, most of the cooked bacon, sour cream, butter, heavy cream, and garlic and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to oven-safe skillet (or a 9-x-13" baking dish) and top with remaining cheddar and cooked bacon.
- Bake until cheddar is melted, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and serve.