Maple Praline Bacon
Write a review
- 1 lb bacon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350, Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels.
- Spread the pecans onto an unlined baking sheet, and toast 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown and aromatic. Watch the nuts carefully as they bake, because they burn quickly. Set aside to cool.
- Stir the maple syrup, butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the hot candy resembles foamy caramel and a candy thermometer reads 270 (soft crack stage). Quickly stir in the pecans.
- Toss the bacon in the candy mixture to coat each strip, and remove with tongs to cool and harden on the prepared baking sheet.