Peppered Bacon and Tomato Linguine
Write a review
- 1/2 pound peppered bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, reserving drippings, and set aside.
- Saute green onion and garlic in bacon drippings over medium heat for one minute. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and ground black pepper; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.